Ranken Infrastructure Limited
Sapphire owns a 100% stake in the China-based Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) business Ranken Railway Construction Group Co., Ltd. and its subsidiaries (“Ranken”).
Founded in 1998, Ranken has offices in Beijing and Chengdu and is incorporated in Hong Kong. It is one of China’s largest privately-owned integrated rail transport infrastructure construction groups, and the only privately-owned operator in China to obtain the prestigious Triple-A certifications and licences for design, construction and project consultation in the rail sector. Its clients are mostly state-owned enterprises (“SOE”) and Fortune-500 companies in China.
Ranken’s service offerings include civil engineering works for metro lines, expressways, railways; the connecting lines for capital airports, municipal works, industrial and civil buildings, and hydraulic works. It has undertaken projects in China, Bangladesh, India and Saudi Arabia, including but not limited to:
- Subcontractor for major railway projects in China including part of the cross-country Menghua Railway, and metro lines in Guiyang, Qingdao and Taiyuan
- Construction of one of Sichuan’s safest tunnels and expressways, acknowledged by top officials in China as having withstood the ‘5.12 Earthquake’ catastrophe
- Participation in infrastructure projects relating to the Beijing Olympic Park
- Major extension works for international airports in Beijing and Chengdu
- Construction and management of various developments for Dhaka-Chittagong Railway (Bangladesh) and the Alwaye-Petta Line of Kochi Metro (India)
Ranken is well positioned for growth amid increasing global investment in rail infrastructure, which is expected to come mainly from emerging markets in Asia. Key among these is the Chinese government’s regional “One Belt, One Road” initiative, as well as the establishment of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank. Ranken is expected to be Sapphire’s largest revenue driver going forward.
For more information on Ranken, please visit: http://www.ranken.com.cn/